Sunday, June 10, 2012

And the Eagle is Flying!

I'm late to start Camp Nanowrimo (eight days late, to be precise) so I've got a lot of words to make up, but I'm happy to report that by the end of Day Nine, my first day of writing, I've ended up with a starting word count of . . .

[insert drumroll]

5,500 words!

[And the crowd goes wild . . . not. A girl can dream, eh?]

Still a long way to go, of course, but definitely not a shabby start, either.

Are you doing Camp Nanowrimo? If so, how behind/on target/ahead are you?

***EDIT: For those of you who don't know about (Camp) Nanowrimo, you can check out the websites for more info: Camp Nanowrimo & Nanowrimo.

***

I also changed the blog layout to something a bit more festive--what do you think?

2 comments:

Kevin A. Lewis said...

Maybe I've seen too many 80's horror movies, but this isn't one of those camps where the house mother turns out to be some kind of murderess in the last reel, is it? And if so, post the climactic battle of YouTube....

Veronica Duff said...

Whatty McWhat What? Camp Nanowrimo is a pre-event to Nanowrimo, which is National Novel Writing Month, also commonly known as November. Camp Nanowrimo is done by the same people who host Nanowrimo, but in June and August.
I'll add the link of both websites so you can check it out.